I’m getting more fit. Huge bike ride on Saturday for my birthday of 68 miles, the Chili March Metric.
Then Monday morning I did a 5K as in ran/jogged the entire 3.1 miles… and never got winded and only walked the first .1 as a warm up. Did it in 45 minutes, beating some of my “real” 5Ks from 2009. When I finished, my heart rate was 109.
Tuesday did another awesome boot camp workout. Skipped the fruit and upped the protein and vegetables.
Weigh 143.6 this morning. Feeling healthy.
Last week was the end of the first session with weight maintenance program/ Biggest Loser and I lost 8.5 pounds and gained one pound of muscle… The trainer says that means I actually lost a whole other pound of fat to replace it with muscle! I’m excited because I feel a lot stronger. Last Thursday did the test to compare where I was the first week and 8 weeks later.
- pushups 18 to 25
- sit ups 24 to 34
- leg lifts 59 to 75
- push the bar (flexibility) 23 to 23.5
I lost 8.5 pounds and gained one pound of muscle over 8 weeks. Best of all, my BMI numbers takes me from overweight to normal. Weight 151.5 to 143.
I even “ran” the track for 12 minutes. (Okay… my arms were running, but my feet still looked like a fast walk)
Guess I’m doing more than maintaining. “Maintaining” somehow sounds like flat lining to me.
Second session started yesterday. We really just worked arms and abs. New goal: to do cardio every day for 500 calories.
This is my fifth High Intensity Interval Training session in a row! June-July , August/September, October/November into Dec. Jan/Feb, starting March/April into May. No wonder I’m getting stronger!!!
I know I talk alot about maintaining and not losing. I’m trying to focus on getting healthy instead of just thin. I want to be strong and fit.
The past few weeks have been more about getting fitter and less about staying the same. While I’m not really trying to lose weight, I’m trying to lose fat and gain muscle, so I guess in a way the scale’s gotta move! This morning was 146.4.
I ate a lot yesterday, so I was surprised, but after looking at what I’ve been doing this weekend. No wonder. I was tired Saturday, but really tired Sunday night.
My plan was to ski longer last night, but I hit a wall and needed to rest.
Here’s what’s been going on:
2/10 Yesterday: power yoga, ski for 1 1/2 hours (no lines, lotsa runs)
2/9 Saturday: yoga, “booty” camp, FIT Challenge (with my sister!), ski
2/8 Friday: nothing
2/7 Thursday: Boot camp – lots of medicine ball ab exercises
2/6 Weds: Spinning
2/5 Tues: Boot camp – run/lunge type exercises
2/4 Mon: Spinning
2/3 Sunday: Yoga morning, Zumba night
2/2 Saturday: Boot Camp, Spinning
2/2 Friday: nothing
2/1 Thursday: Boot Camp
The FIT challenge had a lot of rowing. I’m the one in the blue shirt on the mat and my sister is in the red with the blue headband.
We didn’t realize that we’d be doing the FIT Challenge until after we’d already done 2 classes. So lunch was very very welcome!
It was very fun getting together with her, seeing her gym, meeting her workout friends and spending time together. Even though it’s a 1 1/2 drive.
My weekly schedule for exercise at this point:
Basically Tues/Thursday is boot camp. Monday/Wed/Sat is Spinning. Yoga on Sunday. Zumba maybe – Sat/Tues. Ski -when I can.
When I go swimming, I don’t count it, because its just hanging out stretching not exercising.
So far I’m doing better than my new years resolution of 5/7. Five hours of exercise for every week. I’ve managed to do one hour a day by doubling up on the days where I have time.
1/15/13 One hour conditioning with group. Basic assessment
- 59 leg lifts with someone with me holding your ankles.
- 29 arms on shoulders, on back, sit ups with knees up- elbow touch to knee
- 24 push-ups on my knees.
- Seven times around the track in 12 minutes maybe eight times I lost count jumping jacks jumped rope high knees but kicks lunge punch Cross and marching line-in jack lunge.
1/15/13- Tuesday night, spinning with Tom.
1/14/2013 Monday night spinning one hour with Sherry
1/13/2013 Sunday (superstar) Yoga from 9 until 1130 with a 15 minute break And Zumba from 6 PM until 7 PM
1/12/13 Saturday spinning for 90 minutes with Sherry and Zumba with Cindy for one hour
1/10/13 Thursday conditioning for one hour from 530 until 630. Then ski one hour.
Wednesday 9 and Tuesday 8 no exercise.
1/7/13 – ? not sure
1/6/13 Sunday was two hours of yoga in the morning
1/5/13 Saturday was one hour of spinning and one hour of Zumba with my sister.
1/1/13 New Year’s Day one hour spinning
Saturday went well. Spinning and Zumba… for a total of 1640 calories by the time I was getting in my car in the parking lot! Bad part is by late afternoon I was ravenously hungry, even after breakfast lunch. So I made a chili. Yummy but a lot of carbs and salt retention from all the canned ingredients.
Did a 1.5 minute plank on Saturday… and another on Sunday. Plus 2 yoga classes on Sunday. Tried the leap frog to boso balls. Nice for balance.
I’m sore this morning — my neck hurts, but it might be swollen glands. Not much pep either… hope I’m not getting sick! Tomorrow is weigh in at WW – I am .7 within the range, but would like more buffer room.
Well I got thru planks and abs and realized I didn’t leave enough time!!
Big news though. I did a 2 minute ab plank on my elbows. new record!
Now I’m off the gym for my big Saturday work out and to see my sister! Whoot!!
Here’s my workout plan for this morning:
1. Lunges with 5 pulses – across the room
2. Burpees with a push up and a jump back – across the room
3. jumping jacks – across the room
4. high knees/butt kicks (your choice) – back across the room
5. walk back and forth in room to catch your breath. Repeat 3 times
1. dip from chair (tricepts) – 1 minute
2. push ups – 1 minute
3. plank with shoulder slap – 1 minute
4. 30 second rest. Repeat 3 times.
1. mountain climbers 30 seconds- pair with russian twists 30 seconds. Rest 30 repeat 2x
2. v ups pair with Knee to chest & then up in the air behind 30 seconds – pair with knee – leg out/opposite arm out 5 seconds switch 30 seconds. Rest 30 repeat 2x
3. bicycle knee to chest 5 seconds switch on back 30 seconds. Pair with plank with knee to opposite elbow 30 seconds. Rest 30 repeat 2x
4. on back raised X 30 seconds hold pair with dipsy doodle 30 seconds switch. Rest 30 repeat 2x
5. side plank elbow 30 seconds – pair with other side plank 30 seconds. Rest 30 repeat 2x
6. hydrants from high plank – pair with other side hydrants 30 seconds. Rest 30 repeat 2x.
7. feet in air and pulse hands up to sky – pair with up/down scissor flutter kick. Rest 30 repeat 2x