Was meeting with a client directly after bootcamp yesterday, so I showered, dressed and did my hair as quick as I could before driving to a Panera near Cleveland. Grabbed a coffee and waited a few minutes until he arrived.
Then I realized, I hadn’t planned breakfast. That’s a first in a long time. At least I hadn’t forgot my shoes. But eating a low point high protein healthy breakfast has become such an ingrained habit, I was surprised I forgot to make a plan. Shoulda grabbed 2 hard boiled eggs!
But hey, no problem, I’m at Panera. So what to eat? That isn’t a million points with sodium on top.
My go to was the Mediterrenean Egg White on Ciaibatta. But this morning when I got on the scale, I knew it musta been more than the 6 pts I guesstimated it.
Just did a quick calculation of the nine “healthy” breakfast choices… four with more than 1000 mg of salt!
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese on Ciabatta 14 pts
- Egg & Cheese on Ciabatta 10 pts
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese on Ciabatta 15
- Breakfast Power on Whole Grain 9pts
- Asiago Cheese Bagel with Bacon 16 pts
- French Toast Bagel Breakfast with Sausage 17 pts
- Mediterranean Egg White on Ciabatta 11pts
- Sweet Onion & Poppyseed with Steak 18 pts
- Roasted Turkey & Sun-dried Tomato Pesto on Soft Roll 12 pts
I guess I could have done much worse.
Too bad I forgot about the hidden menus – the power steak breakfast is only 7!!