Here are some of the resources, tools and blogs I like to read to stay motivated:
- Maximum heart rate calculator – It’s right!!
- Body Mass Index chart
- SparkPeople – I hear that this is a great community site for tracking calories – FREE
- The Daily Plate – Tracks calories with an database of foods – FREE
- The Daily Mile – tracks your fitness! Works for biking, swimming, walking, fitness, you name it!
- Weight Watchers I joined back in October 2007 online. And started attending meetings Feb 2009. Now I’m still attending meetings! (July 2014 stopped going to meetings, as of Feb 2015, just tracking weight on line. I’ve been using My Fitness Pal to track food. I think it’s a much easier to use tool both the app and online from the computer!) Update: finally quit in summer of 2015. I wasn’t going to the meetings and I have been over the 2 lb limit on my goal since Feb. And I refuse to pay. (as of this morning I’m 7 over goal) It’s psyching me the wrong way to make it work.
- Roni’s Weigh points calculator – I like this because it gives you the decimals so you don’t have to always round up!
- A calorie counter Handy to find out the calories of generic food
- My Food A Pedia
- DeeDee’s page of WW Food Points Love this because it saves me having to find and type in the calories, fat and fiber to get that magic number
- Straight no nonsense maintain advice blog – A Black Girls guide to Weight Loss
- Restaurant Foods Points – Handy!!
- Weight Control Interesting info here.
- Panera’s Hidden Menu of Power Bowls I’m finding that different Panera’s have different bowls effects. Not sure I like this as much as I would have.
- Cranky Fitness: Motivation Category